Wednesday, November 07, 2007

PATAN DURBAR SQUARE

It has been hard to leave Bhaktapur, but at the end I managed to convince myself that I had to go. So I left. And I decided to go to Patan. Patan is an other jewel of the Kathmandu valley. A small town with a great history and with a wonderful main square. Here in Nepal the main square of the town is called Durban square, which means "the square of the palace". And the one in Patan is so nice to be in the list of the UNESCO heritage sites. Here are some pictures that I took during the two days that I spent here. I hope you will like them ...

And these are butter candles. The first in a Buddhist temple and the second in a Hindu one. Different religions, but the same warm feeling to be in a special place, almost at home ...

No comments:

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */