Monday, October 01, 2007

VIEW of the HIMALAYA

Second day of the Everest Base Camp trekking, and we finally saw some of the wonderful Himalaya mountains. Yesterday it was a kind of cloudy, so we didn't have much of a chance to see them. This is the view from our teahouse (e.g. Himalayan hotels on the trekking routes) room in the morning, outside the room and inside the room ...... the one outside is definitely better. Ehehehe. And these are some of the mountains that we saw during the trekking. Very nice mountains. But also very steep paths, especially for the poor Sherpas. I am wondering how they can do this job. I can't really believe that these guys are doing this work up and down all year round. Curved under that weight, they can't even enjoy the view. And you should see their "equipment". These guys are able to trekk to the Everest Base Camp in flip flop ...But we saw also more beauties during our trip, here a very small collections of the pictures that I took, just to give you an idea ... The gate in the picture where I am standing is the entrance of the Everest National Park. Finally we are in ...... the trek was pretty steep. In less than 5 hours we went from Phakding (2,800 meters) to Namche Bazaar (4,200 meters). Namche is the capital of the Sherpa community, and it is just above the tree live (4,000 meters). Very lively village, but we will have more time to explore it tomorrow. For now, I tried to adapt myself to the local culture and I did some of my laundry at the local fountain. Very interesting to check how the local people steer at me. I guess they are not used to see foreigners to make the laundry there ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your walk! Pete J.

Anonymous said...

more to come pls. yak yak.

Anonymous said...

ciao, grazie per le foto fantastiche, così viaggiamo un pò insieme a te!!
Lara

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */