Saturday, October 20, 2007

CELEBRATING

Here we are. This is the last day of our descent. Today we are back to Lukla. And tomorrow, weather allowing, we will take the flight back to Kathmandu. We will go back to the crazy world of airplanes, cars, multistory buildings, bulb lights and always available food. But we are happy. We feel like we have achieved something up there. But I will definitely miss these mountains and the amazing lifestyle that I had up here in the mountains. And I will miss also Jake and Lisa.

In few days we will have to split again. They will go back to China. And I will continue my trip thru Nepal. And because we felt like we had to celebrate all this we decided to drink some beer after dinner. Actually we had also an apple pie. But that is too boring to write about. So here are is our small, low profile celebration for the end of the Everest Base Camp 2007 trekking ...

it was really nice to cheer to our achievement. Of course we didn't really do anything so special. Lots of people does the same everyday. We just went trekking for a couple of weeks. But still, to us it was a great achievement. To me the Everest Base Camp has always been a mythical place and I never expected to have the chance to visit it. But I did. Ans I feel so lucky! And I did it with one of my best friends ever, Jake. We met four years ago, when we became roommates in Los Angeles. And here we are again together even if he lives in China and I am soon moving to Seattle ... a beer was really well deserved. And I loved also to cheer with my new friend Lisa. We met in Kathmandu and in few minutes we decided to go together to the Everest Base Camp trekking. I really hope we will manage to have more adventures together. And of course I loved to share this adventure also with local people, like Vishu, our guide, and Gunishu, our porter. Without them all this adventure was not going to be possible. They really made it happen for us ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope we can manage an adventurous trip in future again...Hehehehe...

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */