Wednesday, November 29, 2006

At the END OF THE TRAIL

... today I was on the phone with a very good friend of mine ... and I was trying to convince him to do something ... something ... he feels is the right thing to do ... but he can't do ... because he is afraid of other people comments ... trying to convince him ... to follow his love rather than his fears ... I came out with this example that surprised myself for its powerful imagine ... so I told him ... imagine yourself ... you are there ... in 5 minutes ... you are gonna die ... so tell me ... who would you like to have around you? ... where would you like to be? ... what would you like to hear? ... basically ... I was trying to let him think what was really important for him ...... after that conversion ... I thought ... how I would have answer to the same questions ... mmm ... I would like to have around me all my friends and my brother and my parents ... all of them ... and I would like to see them happy ... truly happy ... to be there with me ... even if I am gonna die ... and I would like to be somewhere in the world I have never been before ... like in a journey ... and I would like to have one of my best friends ... looking with me to an imaginary book with our journeys ... our adventures ... and the last thing that I would like is this ... someone bringing me a newspaper ... and read on it ... that war and famine and social injustice are completely eradicated by our planet ... yes ... I guess these are the things that I care the most in my life ... friends ... my and their happiness ... traveling ... peaceand social justice ... unfortunately ... I am not sure if I am doing enough for them ... and because I am not sure if I believe in reincarnation ... better I work hard in this life on them ... :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very nice and it made me think....made me a little sad too...

Andrea said...

... mmmm ... I guess ... sadness is a good thing ... if will help you ... to change something that you don't like ... XA

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */