Sunday, November 12, 2006

GO FURTHER SOUTH!!!

... here I am again ... this time by myself ... Pedro, Jeff and Laura are probably hiking in Torres del Paine ... and Kim is already partying in the Falklands ... and I am here ... in an internet cafe in PUNTA ARENAS ... the most southern city of the American Continent ... south of this there is only the huge island of TIERRA DEL FUEGO ... between Punta Arenas and Tierra del Fuego ... there is the Strait that MAGELLAN did sail ... almost 500 years ago ... back in 1520 ... he didn't find anything exciting here ... he gave to the straight his name ... and he left ...

... too cold probably down here ... but here everybody remeber him ... this is the central plaza of the ciudad ... and the guy up there is Magellan ...getting more and more cold every single day ... :D ... and tomorrow morning I will cross it ... I will cross that strait ... and I will cross the ARGENTINA border ... and finally after something like 10 hours bus ride ... I will get to USHUAIA ... the most southern city in the world ... LA FIN DEL MUNDO ... THE END OF THE WORLD ... a place I have dreamed about since RONEN did speak to me about it few years ago ... I can't wait ... in the meantime I am chilling out in my little HOSTEL ... the BACKPACKER'S PARADISE ...

... $12 per night to sleep in on the coolest and most hectic dormitory I have found during this trip ... there are guys from all over the world ... with just a dream ... exactly like mine ... GO FURTHER SOUTH ... I am sure I will find some good friend here as well ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sooo cool!!!!!

ps: have no doubt you will find others...

Anonymous said...

Hey dude,
It is me again... I have decided not to say anything on the photos because no words will be good enough, I just miss that place sooo much...
By the number of photos, seems like you are having fun. That is OK, you can stop in Peninsula Valdez on your way to BA ;-)
Now, thinking of that, you lucky bastard ! it is the best season to see many whales there, no ?

Ronen

Andrea said...

... yep .... the season is ending mid December ... other backpackers show me some pictures ... and over there seems like a paradise ... I will take some good pics for you ... :D XA

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */