Sunday, November 19, 2006

LESS BEATEN ROADS

... here I am in COMODORO, Argentina ... a small town on the Argentinian Atlantic coast ... where probably very few tourists end up ... it is midnite ... and I am waiting for my 3rd bus today ... at 1AM ... and finally I will terminate my today's 25hours bus trip ... tru dusty roads ... endeless landscapes ... unusual travel buddies ... and colorful bus stations ...... so today I am travelling from EL CHANTEN, Argentina to PENSINSULA VALDEZ, Argentina ... and a couple of days ago I was thinking that I wanted to hit some less beaten roads during this trip ... I was kinda of tired to meet backpackers everywhere ...... you know ... travel with other tourists is nice for a while .. but even if you are an solo traveller at a certain point you feel like you are in a big tour anyways ... on the bus you mostly meet other rtourists ... rarely local people ... so I decided to take a bus route that wasn't in the LONELY PLANET ... and there you go ... I found myself pretty much alone ... :O ... here is the minibus I took today ...... and these are my travel buddies ... Alejandro, the young guy was the driver ... and Rodolfo ... expert in plants and Indian culture ... who was going to visit a friend in Piedra Buena, Chile ... ... really a strange triplet ... but we had a good time drinking mate and speaking about Argentina, Chile, Italy, USA, football, politics, plants and other things ... and here some other pictures of one of the less beaten roads you can find down here in Argentina ...... anyways ... today I got convinced once more that the "LESS BEATEN ROADS" is the way to go during a backpacking trip ... unfortunately ... there is never enough time to efford big mistakes and getting stuck in the middle and nowhere ... and the desire to see the highlights of a country ... it is probably the same thing that we do everyday in our life ... we just follow what other people told us works ... and we don't risk much ... at the end of the day ... I think it pays ... especially ... because we don't know what we miss ... :D

No comments:

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */