Tuesday, August 29, 2006

RUN TO STAND STILL

AH, YOU ARE BEING FUNNY ... this is exactly what a friend of mine text messaged back tonight when I wrote her that ... I am planning to run a MARATHON ... probably she knows me enough ... honestly ... this is the second time that I have such a plan ... the first time has been almost 3 years ago ... my plan was to run the 2004 LA MARATHON ... I started my training November 2003 ... and I miserably failed after 3 weeks ... when I started having serious left foot problems ... the real problem is that ... my LEFT FOOT is slightly bigger than the right one ... so it is very difficult to pick up the right running shoes ... everyday shoes are not a problem... but when you run ... it is a different story ... anyways ... yesterday I bought these new fancy shoes ...... they are the NEW BALANCE 970 ... really nice and light ... with a lot of features ... today I tried them ... seems than again the left foot has problems ... probably I will have to swap to some other brand ... I was told that NIKE should work better ... but for few days I will continue to use these ... or probably I should just wrap my plan and through it away ... mmmm ... I don;t think so ... today listening to the U2 song RUN TO STAND STILL ... I thought to the meaning of this simple catch phrase ... and I realized that the life is a little bit like this ... if you want to stand still ... you have to move ... change ... you have to do new things ... challenge yourself ... and ruuuuuuuuuuuun ... :o ... mmmm ... the next LA MARATHON will be March 7th 2007 ... better I start working out for it ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am the friend who asked whether you are being funny about running a marathon. Until I see you running across the finish line, I'm not sure you will stick to your plan....let's see :)

Andrea said...

... :D ... lemme try ... I know it won't be simple ... but I am confident ... :D ... XA

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */