Saturday, August 05, 2006

COOKING for my FRIENDS

All my friends know it ... I love to cook ... and i love to cook for them ... in the last 6 months far away from my home in LA ... without a kitchen I had an hard time ... but this week I proposed to my closest colleagues to cook a real Italian pasta for them ... we met today at Sirisom's home ... here while I am chopping the onions ...
... I prepared some RED SAUCE that I used for both BRUSCHETTA and PASTA ...

... actually the PASTA was really a lot 3 lb. ... but better something more than something less ...... it is really nice to share homemade food with my friends ... I simply love it ... there is something special in it ... I like the idea that I am creating something for them and we are enjoying it all together ... it is the best gift I can imagine ... not everywhere I found people so enthusiastic about it ... back in Italy it is pretty common to have dinners and cook all together ... the same in GREECE and ISRAEL where I lived before moving to US ... here in US it is more about BBQ and beer ... but thinking about it ... probably it is not that different ... anyways ... not a big deal ... :D ... hare some other pictures of our lunch ... the APPLE PIE was homemade by Sirisom ... really a good one ...

... and of course because of the heat the WATERMELON was the biggest hit of the day ... it is still hot in Dallas ... all day above 100F!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prova questa: pasta con pesto eoliano.
30 gr capperi dissalati, 30 grammi di mandorle, 150gr. di pomodori pelati, 3 cucchiai d'olio (d'oliva - extra vergine, please), menta, prezzemolo, basilico, aglio. Tutto nel mixer. A parte fai saltare in aglio e olio dei pomodorini a grappolo (quelli piccoli). Condisci la pasta (Voiello it's better...) con i pomodori saltati e il pesto del mixer. guarnisci con basilico. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

cavolo... ho dimenticato di dirti chi ero, sconvolta dal fatto di essere riuscita a farmi ubbidire da questo attrezzi x i commenti.... Baci! Lara

Andrea said...

Mmmmm ... thanks ... nice recipe ... but I need the quantity of tomato & pasta ... I will try it next weekend ... if any of my colleagues will give me his / her kitchen ... XA

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */