Tuesday, August 28, 2007

WILDLIFE in DENALI NP

One of the reasons why I was curious to visit Denali NP was because of its wilderness. I thought that one of the most remote and inaccessible US National Parks must have some good wildlife. And I wasn't wrong. We saw a lot of wildlife. And what I really enjoyed is not the animal by itself. I saw tons of pictures of them in Internet and books and TV and DVDs. That is not what you can enjoy here. What is really amazing here is to be there with them (the animals) in their environment and enjoy this beautiful landscape in an surreal quiet and think that this is their kingdom, and fortunately human beings have decided to protect it. Absolutely priceless. Here in the pictures I took, you may / may not recognize fox, wolf (little white spot running from left to right), grizzly bears (white and brown spots), ptarmigan (Alaska State bird), snowfoot, squirrel, moose (drinking in the lake) and caribou ....... we saw also bald eagles. Again, my point & shoot camera is not really that great to spot animals more than 50 yards away. But if I will get one of these monster lenses ...... I won't have anymore room for my sleeping bag in the backpack, so I think I will stick with my point & shoot. And here from much closer some animal skin (grizzly and wolf). I think they either kill them because they were threatening park visitors or they found them dead and they collected the bidy for study purposes. But I am not sure about it.

No comments:

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */