Friday, July 13, 2007

SOOOO INCREDIBLY REAL

I would call it a fortunate coincidence. We were driving, almost speeding, in a one lane highway from Goblin Valley to Capitol Reef NP, in a wonderful and desolated land of grey and red stones. Totally in the middle of nowhere ...... and suddenly we saw a tiny construction on the side of the road. Probably a farm, I thought. And while we were speeding in front of it, I realized that the place was pretty run down and way too small to be a farm. But I saw a sign on it. Baaaaakery. Yes. Bakery. Bakery? Mmmm ... a bakery. What about eating a good piece of bread! After 4 days of hard boiled eggs and energy bars, I think we deserve a loaf of fresh baked bread! Tina and I look to each other. I thought she thought exactly the same. We didn't say a word. We smiled. I push on the central pedal of the car. U turned. And in 30 seconds we were in the most incredible coffee shop / bakery I have ever seen in years. Like in a movie. Have you ever seen the movie "Bagdad Cafe"? The sam! Actually no. This is much better. Because this is totally real ...The inside was soooo incredibly real as well. Two people. Brewing coffee. Homemade (really homemade) focaccia. Homemade (really homemade) bread. Amazing feelings. And wonderful taste ...A big stone on an old table sheet, to avoid to let it fly away. We really felt we were in the patio in front of our place having a coffee and a focaccia ...Curious to understand if I was in a movie scene or what, I spoke with Tim. He definitely look like a movie character. He told me they are just having an experimental farm with this attached bakery / coffee shop. They don't make really money out of it. But they are happy. They love to give healthy and fresh food to the travellers who like to stop there. Tim is from Pennsylvania. And he told he has never seen some many diverse people in all his life. He told that every day he meet geologists, who are there for work. European tourists. College students on vacation. Easy riders. I didn't ask him, but I think he grew up in a amish community, back in Pennsylvania. He has a sister in Portland, OR and he is going to visit her at the end of year. I gave him my phone number and I told him to come to visit us in Seattle. We will be there, when he is planning to visit his sister the Pacific North West. I really hope to see him again and speak with him. If it will happen, I will definitely let you know. BTW, this is exactly the type of place I would like to copy when I will open a B&B somewhere ... :D

No comments:

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */