Thursday, July 05, 2007

ANTELOPE CANYON ... almost

Left the Grand Canyon NP we headed North East towards Page, AZ. The plan was to visit one of the most beautiful slot canyons. The Antelope Canyon. As usual I didn't book anything. I was there a couple of years ago and knowing a little bit the place, I thought we were OK. We had just to take a jeep to the canyon and enjoy it. But I was wrong. We got there around 3.30PM and there were basically 3 tour operators going to the canyon. The first guy turned us down. Too hot for his drivers to go there. So we went to the second one. The second one turned down as well. His truck had too many technical problems during the day. He didn;t want to risk anything anymore. So we went to the third one. This one had a tour that was just leaving. The last tour of the day. But this was not our lucky day. There was only one seat available. We tried to convince the lady to get the two of us. Nothing. Antelope Canyon was not in our destiny today. I was a kind of disappointed, especially for Tina, because she never saw it. It is really a magical place. The canyon is really tight and short. But it is perfect for pictures. These are some pictures that I took in 2005 when I visited it. Even if they are not really part of this trip, I want to share them anyways with you ...... I am pretty sure they will inspire you to go there. But, if I can suggest something, go there early in the day or book in advance ... :o

1 comment:

deathsweep said...

One word ... gorgeous!

DS

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */