Wednesday, July 11, 2007

MESA ARCH

Mesa Arch. This is an other amazing place we have visited during our trip last week. Mesa Arch is in Canyonlands NP. And it is really magical. And again like most of Canyonlands you can really appreciate the place because there are no tourists around you. This is probably the only arch in Canyonlands. It takes 15 minute hike to get there. The view from the Arch is absolutely pristine, especially if you are coming here around sunset time ...The arch itself is standing over a 500 feet cliff ... kind of scary to look down. At least for me. Tina is definitely more fearless than me ...The beauty of this place is difficult to explain in few words. I will try to explain the way I saw it. This arch works like a window. You look through it and seems like you are looking through a live geology book. You can see the creation of the Earth thru this window. Absolutely stunning. Left me speechless. The beauty and the peace that is surrounding it can easily make you cry when you see it. I didn't cry. But I was definitely touched. Here some other picture that we took ...If you have seen the movie BARAKA, there is a scene shot here. Really touching.

No comments:

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */