Tuesday, July 03, 2007

READY, SET ... GAS!

So here I am back in LA, after 5 days in the wonderful journey through the Arizona and Utah National Parks. We did a lot. We spent 5+ days on the road. We drove 2,098 miles. Took 1,085 pictures. Visited 9 National and State Parks. Missed a couple of them. Set our mighty tent in Monument Valley, Arches NP and Zion NP. Eaten 20 hard boiled eggs and 50 energy bars. Hike everyday. Saw wonderful sunsets. Drink an enormous quantity of warm (!) Gatorade and water. Took only 1 proper shower in 5 days. Got free ice from most of the fast foods we found on the way. Met really nice people.It is really difficult to describe in few words such a journey. In the next days I will put pictures and stories in the blog. And of course I have more stories than vacation days, so the re-play will be a little bit long. I hope you won't mind. This was the begin of the trip. Tuesday 9.30PM LA time. Packed all our food, drinks, cloths, camping gears ... we were ready to leave towards Grand Canyon NP for the sunrise, when we realized that we needed gas as well. So we had to stop. Fill the tank and clean the windshield ...The "gas stop" made me think. I really hope I will be alive the day when in order to move by car I won't have to create anymore pollution. Or maybe, as we were daydreaming in these days, one day Tina and I will take a journey through National Parks by bicycle ... :)

No comments:

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */