Wednesday, September 13, 2006

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM

... DALLAS like many other boring places has an incredible advantage ... it makes me day dream ... especially when I am driving around ... it happened again today ... I was driving ... and I pulled out of my bag one of the CD I carried in this trip ... AMANDLA ... I am not sure if you know it ... it is the soundtrack of the movie ... it is SOUTH AFRICAN ... and AMANDLA is a Xhosa (i.e. one of the 11 official South African languages) word for "power" that can be translated also in ... POWER TO THE PEOPLE ... and the movie is about the anti-apartheid struggle in South Africa ... the peculiar thing about the movie is that ... it is not focused on politicians, activists, or martyrs ... but rather on music that made the anti-apartheid fight unstoppable ... in a country where if you were raising your head that say simple words like ... FREEDOM ... EQUALITY ... DEMOCRACY ... you were outlaw ... music was the only mean to fight against the craziness of the apatheid ... and believe me ... I was listening to this CD ... and I realized once again ... how much I love SOUTH AFRICA ... and NELSON MANDELA ... and what they rappresent ... this CD is absolutely stunning ... the music is incredible ... and the message it carries is wonderful ... I have been lucky enough to visit South Africa last year ... and everytime I listen to this CD ... like today ... I am day dreaming ... Cape Town ... Robben Island ... Johannesburg ... Soweto ... all the places where generations of South African had been denied their freedom ... the incredible struggle of this incredible people ... and on top of everybody ... like a real king ... one of the richest and finest and honest souls that our planet has seen ... NELSON MANDELA ... a person who should never die ... if you can ... get this CD ... and if you haven't been yet to South Africa ... start saving money ... to go there as soon as you can ... you will love it ... and when you will be back ... you will love this CD even more ... and you will understand how powerfull is a simple word like FREEDOM is ... FREEEEEEEEEEEDOM ... if you were born in a free country, like me, probably you can't appreciate the power of words like FREEDOM, EQUALITY, DEMOCRACY ... but if you will go to SOUTH AFRICA and you will be interested a little in what happened there ... you will understand how lucky we are ...

No comments:

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */