Wednesday, September 19, 2007

VALLEY of the TEMPLES

The Valley of the Temples is definitely one of the best Hawaii kept secrets. It is in the Oahu island, but even if this my 5th trip here, and I didn't really know that I had missed such a beauty. We read about it on the Lonely Planet while we were driving around and we decide to go visit it. The Valley of the Temples is probably the nicest and peaceful cemetery I have seen in my life. Everything seems so graciously organized. So colorful. Almost a Paradise ...And on top of that there is a wonderful replica of a 12th century Japanese Buddhist temple in Uji, Japan. The temple here in Oahu has been built in the late 1960s. Its name is Byodo-In Temple. Byodo-In means Phoenix. In fact the temple features two majestic metal phoenixes along the top ends of the main temple. The Buddha is seating on gold lotus leafs ...So, if I can suggest something ... try not to miss a visit here if you will go to Oahu. It is really such a peaceful and inspiring place ...

No comments:

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */