Thursday, September 13, 2007

I GOT the GREEN CARD!

I guess this a very lucky period of my life. I got engaged to my soul mate, I am in the middle of two amazing trips ... I get home and I find in the mail my brand new Green Card! Simply amazing! And if you are not familiar with what it is, the Green Card is an almost (i.e. there are some limitations) unlimited work permit in the US ... isn't that cool!?!?!? So here it is ... not really green ... but definitely not even fake ... the blury picture is trying to minimize the identify theft ... ... and the amazing thing is that it did take such a short time to get it. Something like 99 days since I applied for it. I guess the next step will be the US citizenship. I can ask for it, 5 years after the Green Card has been issued. So August 2012 ... who knows where I will be by then ... :D I know I am pretty lucky. And I am happy because of that. And I think it is fair. At the same time I am also sad, for all the people who really need a Green Card, and maybe will never get it. People who came to US with the dream of a better quality of life, and they came with the family and they don't have any realistic chance to move somewhere else. And I am also thinking how strange life is. We are happy when we achieve something that not everybody can achieve. And that means that someone else is suffering for that. This makes me sad. Very sad. Probably I shouldn't be this happy for this Green Card?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah!!!!!!!!!! congrats!!!

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */