Saturday, September 22, 2007

SURFING in WAIKIKI

One of the reasons why I love to go back to Honolulu again and again is Waikiki. Waikiki is Honolulu most famous beach and it simply perfect if you want to surf wonderful waves without breaking your neck. The beach is crowned by the bronze statue of Duke. Duke was the nickname of Paoa Kahanamoku and he was ans still is the most famous name in surfing, an Olympic champion, Hollywood actor and Hawaiian folk hero. Here is Tina in front of the statue. We rented a board for the entire day of Saturday. It is $40 for the entire day, but it is definitely worthwhile doing it. We had a lot of fun surfing. I did teach to Tina how to surf. And she loved it. And she did pretty good. Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of her surfing, because my camera is not waterproof. And when she was tired, I took the board and I went to catch some bigger wave a offshore. Absolutely wonderfully gentle waves. I have some other pictures from the beach, not from the water. But still they are giving you an idea. I particularly love the kids surfing ...
... so what are you waiting for? When are you guys going to surf in Waikiki? I hope soon ... :)

No comments:

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */