Monday, September 03, 2007

BEARS eat SALMONS

In my mind I always associated Alaska with salmons. And with bears. And with bears eating salmons. But while I did prepare this trip, the more I read about Alaska and the more I realized that I was not going to see anything like this in the route I decided to take during this trip. When suddenly one day almost at sunset, while we were driving from Ninilchik, AK to Hope, AK we saw a couple of cars on the shoulder of the road and people looking with binoculars on the other bank of the river. We realized there was probably some animal. So we did stop as well. U turned. Upset a couple of local drivers. And we went to see our self. And we found this. A couple of cubs eating an enormous salmon and a flock of seagulls waiting for the left overs...... the scene was absolutely wild. I really loved it. Especially because it was completely unexpected. This is one of the beauties of Alaska. In order to see wildlife you don't really need to go in National Parks. Actually I heard stories that there are more bears around Anchorage than in Denali NP. So ... whatch out where you store the food if you drive around Anchorage ... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just went over the photos...
wow..wow...
Enjoy it !!

Dude

PS - wow..

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */