Monday, June 12, 2006

MY GUARDIAN ANGELS

In this very moment I am in DALLAS, TX ... not much down here so far ... just work ... I will be here till WEDNESDAY ... so hopefully I will have some nice story and some picture from here as well ... but before that I have still some story ... this happen during my 3 days in the GLACIER NP ... so this happened after I took the NUMA OUTLOOK HIKE on Friday June 2nd (now that I am here in Dallas ... looks so far ... but it had been only 10 days ago) ... during the last part of the HIKE there was a little bit of RAIN and WIND ... but nothing really dramatic ... so after the hike I decided to drive back to my room to take a shower and my plan was to go to drink some BEER in the WEST GLACIER PUB. I hit the road around 5PM (sunset is around 10PM) ... the road from the trail to the cabin was probably 15 miles and after a couple of miles ... BANG ... here you go a LOG ON THE ROAD ...

... nobody around ... no RANGER ... no CELLPHONE ... on the other way there was no chance to go anywhere but back to the trailCOVERAGE ... I didn't have any other chance ... so I had to remove the LOG by myself ... a kind of funny ... especially because it wasn't particularly heavy ...

... back to my car ... while I am driving ... I am looking around and ... I realize that probably the tree fell on the street because the FOREST IS COMPLETELY DEAD ... a WILDFIRE burn it down ... probably not long ago ... and after a couple of minutes drive there you go ... AN OTHER LOG ...

... and again ... even this one is over ...

... but I have to say that I am start getting nervous ... how more longs am I going to find on my way ... !?! ... I have to drive for almost 15 miles ... an other 2-3 minutes drive ... and there you ... at least 3 ... and this is heavier than the other two ...

... I manage to remove this as well ... but not by myself ... I had the help of what I called my 2 GUARDIAN ANGELS ... ERIC and ANGIE ... a couple of guys who are driving a SUV and got just behind me ... we continue on the road and there you go ... we find other more logs ...




... and again the 3 of us remove them one of the other ... the change comes to big log ... where even if you are in 3 people you can 't really do much ... so ERIC decides to use the SECRET WEAPON that every AMERICAN has in his car ... the TOW STRAP ... an there you go ...

... at the end we had to clear all the road ... in certain cases we had also to use the AXE (the other secret weapon that ERIC had in his SUV) ... so pulling the logs we were able to break them in two ... in other cases we really struggled ...






... at a certain point we got really scared that the number of logs was going to be too much for us and for the time we had before sunset ... none of us knew exactly how big was the dead forest ... and we didn't know how long was the road ... and the sunset was getting closer and closer ... at the end we managed to go through this ordeal ... basically WE DID CLEAR THE ROAD ON BEHALF OF THE RANGERS (who didn't show up at all) ... we ended up removing 21 LOGS from the road (after these logs I did stop to take pictures ... but believe me ... it was almost a nightmare ... almost every curve there was a log on the road) we basically avoided to sleep in the middle of nowhere ... but I am telling you ... these two guys, with their SUV, TOW STRAP and AXE really saved my *SS ... I don't know what i was going to do without them ... they really were my GUARDIAN ANGELS ... :O ... the motto of the NATIONAL PARKS is "DON'T SEE IT. EXPERIENCE IT" ... I think the 3 of us really did it ... for one day we did experience what does it mean to be a RANGER ... :D

We managed to get to the GALCIER NP McDonald LAKE LODGE ... around 10PM ... the kitchen was closed. With our story we manged to have something out of it ... here the happy and well deserved dinner ... I got my favorite new burger ... BUFFALO BURGER ... really tasty ... :O

... after dinner ERIC and ANGIE tried to get a room in the MOTEL in WEST GLACIER where I was staying but the RECEPTION was CLOSED ... so they continued their trip ... but I am sure that if and when I will need them they will show up ... isn't this the best skill of the GUARDIAN ANGELS!?

No comments:

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */